HACG Resident Scholarship Now Open!
The Housing Authority of the City of Goldsboro Scholar Program was established in 2017 to significantly increase the number of public housing students that are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
Scholarships will be granted to public housing residents of the Housing Authority of the City of Goldsboro who apply and meet the criteria as outlined. Up to $4000.00 will be awarded to the college or university to which the applicant has been accepted. All funds will be utilized for educational purposes only.
Resident Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicant must be a resident of the Housing Authority of the City of Goldsboro, this includes Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) household residents.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent with a record of volunteerism in the community.
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college or university of their choice.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must complete an essay about their career goals and how being awarded this scholarship will help you achieve them.
- Applicant must include two letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must include proof of acceptance and grade point average.
The deadline for all required documentation/completed applications is April 7, 2022.
Resident Scholarship Selection Process
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of staff from the Housing Authority of the City of Goldsboro.
Applicants shall be considered without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to apply (applicants must submit the following application materials):
Complete the online application at www.hacgscholar.org
Applicant must include proof of acceptance to the school of choice
Two letters of recommendation.
Most up-to-date transcript from current school
Contact Ayisha Razzak-Ellis at 919-750-6847.