Coronavirus Prevention and Symptoms
What you need to know about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Stop the Spread of Germs
Help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, like Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when your sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
Patients with COVID-19 have experienced mild to severe respiratory illness.
Symptoms can include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
If you have been in China or in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 in the past two weeks and develop symptoms, call your doctor.